Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Here's Your Sign


Signs that I may have been in Honduras too long...

Scenario 1:  I am walking to school.  I see a cute 9 month-ish old baby riding with his dad...on the front of a MOTORCYCLE!! I am not alarmed.  I wave and smile at the baby....Here's your sign!

Scenario 2:  I am teaching  a science class.  We are talking about the vocabulary words breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I ask the students what foods they eat for breakfast.  One student answers, "Beans."  I say, "Great!"...  Here's your sign!

Scenario  3:  I am teaching a phonics class.  We are making a list of words that start with the sound of "m."  The first words that pop into my head are mototaxi and machete...  Here's your sign!

Scenario 4:  When trying to recall the last time I've seen a movie in the theater, I realize that I haven't been to a movie since "Eat, Pray, Love"...  Here's your sign!

Scenario 5:  I get stuck on a word mid-conversation.  I know it is like a jet ski in the snow. What is that word? A SNOWMOBILE!!!... Here's your sign!

Scenario 6: It is 4:30 in the morning.  I hear gunshots.  I roll as far away from the window as possible and  fall back asleep....Here's your sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment