Friday, February 10, 2012

Icing on the Cake

I failed to mention in my previous post that the school opening is just Phase 1 of the project.  Translation:  I didn't actually get to move over to the new building.  Preschool-3rd grade got left behind at the old school, but we did get the opportunity to spread out a little bit.  Things had gotten a little tight as the school enrollment continued to grow.  With 4 new students since Christmas, our room was rapidly shrinking.  I had to do some quick creative thinking to flip the tables (that were designed for 6 students) to accomodate 8!

Before:  Tight squeeze


We're moving into our new space Monday.  It's actually my classroom from last year. 


This picture was actually taken almost exactly a year ago.  We'll be celebrating the 100th day of school again next Friday.

Of course we took the opportunity to do a little re-decorating.



And it's official.  I'll be moving back to Baton Rouge at the end of June.  I know some of you never believed I'd be back.  I'm looking forward to starting the next adventure in my life.  If you know of any great jobs, send them my way!  Thank you for all of your support these past 3 years.  It surely will be hard to leave, but I know I have all of you behind me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment