Tuesday, August 23, 2011

¡Qué sorpresa!

Tonight started off like any other night.  I had plans to meet up with a friend for dinner.  We walked into the restraunt, which is owned by one of the families that goes to the school.  When we went to sit down, the mom told us we could sit in one of the side rooms.  I heard some people, so I almost turned around and told her the room was full already.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw some teachers from the school.  Then I realized it was ALL of the teachers from the school.  It took a good bit of time to process.  My first thought was, "Oh.  They all are having dinner and didn't invite us!"  Even when the surprises and thank you's began, I still was confused.  Haha.  I was totally caught off guard.  My sneaky co-workers had organized everthing as a surprise thank you dinner for helping them get settled this summer.  I could not ask for a greater group of people to be working with this year.  They are the most hard-working, creative group of people I have had the privelege of working with.  I can't wait to get started on Thursday.  I know it's going to be a great year!  And look how sweet...they even made me a card!  (Here's what survived the walk home. I promise they can spell!)



No comments:

Post a Comment