Sunday, September 18, 2011

Funny Business

Wednesday afternoon we were officially on vacation!  Before a little rest and relaxation, I needed to take care of some business.  I've had a small cyst on my side for a year, and it has been increasing in size.  I met with the doctor, and he said that he would be able to remove it at the clinic here in Gracias.  30 minutes and 4 stitches later, I'm cyst-free and doing great.  I headed to Copan with some of the teachers for a couple of nights. 

The hotel I normally stay in was booked, so we stayed at a hostel, the Iguana Azul.  We behaved and followed all of the rules...


Copan is always a different world. The streets are paved.  The food is delicious. And since there are so many tourists, most things are translated into English  (although things are often lost in translation)...


Since this was my 4th visit to Copan in 6 months, I opted to forgo the tourist attractions and enjoy a couple of days reading, dining out and relaxing.  The night life was great.  We even got to see the "sexys" girls perform...

 

All good things must come to an end.  I'm thankful for the time I got to spend with these lovely ladies (and Cristian).  I feel refreshed and ready for first grade!



No comments:

Post a Comment