Sunday, March 11, 2012

San Sebastian

To be honest, my gas tank has been running on empty.  Luckily, our school director decided to give us a long weekend to help us make it a few more weeks until Spring Break.  I opted to forgo a long travel adventure and take advantage of the long weekend to get caught up on my job search.  Looking for a job is a full time job itself!

Saturday, Orson invited me to tag along to San Sebasitan, where he was going to conduct computer training for high school students.  We boarded the bus for our bumpy 3 hour ride up the mountain. 


San Sebastian is located almost on the border between Honduras and El Salvador.  The town is so small that it doesn't even have a hotel.  The local comedor, Lichita, opened up her extra room for us.

Lichita serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily to many of the town's residents.
Lichita invited me into her kitchen and I taught her how to make pizza.
The beautiful Garden
Lichita roasts her own coffee.
A warm welcome for a  weary traveler.
Lichita's daughter, Jocelyne, and I spent time counting coffee beans.  She is up to 5!  She is a real ham.  She loves to sing, dance and immitate people in the restaurant.

While Orson taught his computer class...



I took to the streets to explore the town and the breathtaking views.




I really enjoyed my time talking to people, practicing my Spanish and really getting away from the world to just relax and be quiet.  I'm really going to miss the slow pace of life in Honduras, but I am looking forward to my next adventure, wherever it might take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment